Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rainy Day

It was a gloomy and misty day today, but that was really OK with me there was plenty that I needed to get done inside the house. It is so easy to lose track of time and neglect the regular upkeep that is necessary to maintain a house when there is so much else that needs to be done. So I got started right away on loading up the laundry into the van, when I heard a knock on the door. I answered the door to see my neighborhood code enforcer. He came by right after I moved in and I thought that I was about to get in trouble for digging up the concrete on the side of my house, but he was actually stopping by because my poperty has easy access to the watershed that is situated on my property line. He was here with a crew to take care of the tires that are ever so unsightly


Tires from across the way.
All Piled Up

It is nice know that I am not the only one trying to do some clean up.

The rest of the day was dedicated to working inside since it started to rain.  I tore out some more sheet rock from the bedroom closet and some really great helpers helped me out with the clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Taking on this project is a new beginning for me and my twins. This isn’t the first time I have bought a house that is a true project. A little more than a decade ago I bought a house in Bozeman, MT. It was a project. Between trips to the library and the lumber yard I learned so much. I tore down walls, replaced plumbing, put in new electrical fixtures, and refinished 100 year old hardwood floors. I didn’t hire a single contractor and it turned out great. I sold it for a little profit two years later, granted if you where to look at the hours that I put in then I likely only made pennies per hour. This house is not only an opportunity for me to have a place of my own again, but also to teach my children the value of hard work and perseverance. I am so excited to learn new things and to get my hands dirty again.