Monday, April 12, 2010

More Trash

I hurt in places that I didn't know it was possible to hurt. I have nearly removed the fence from the earth, this is standard chicken wire, and originally I thought that it was about 5 maybe 10 feet long, but have found that it likely goes all the way to china. In response to this (now that I have nearly 20 feet of it up and somewhat out of my way) I purchased my next tool, a wire cutter, so that I can at the very least remove the 20 feet that I have unearthed out of my way. I tried to cut it with a sawzall, tried and failed. I tried to bend it, twist it, rip it, tug at it, but it is stuck under who knows what and at the moment the other 20 feet are now really in my way. With the fence removed I was able to get the bulk of what lies beneath out of the soil. I found what I originally thought was a door, but it ended up being a very large consumer constructed mural of sorts, at least that is how I can best describe it.


 


 


 


 


 

    
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Taking on this project is a new beginning for me and my twins. This isn’t the first time I have bought a house that is a true project. A little more than a decade ago I bought a house in Bozeman, MT. It was a project. Between trips to the library and the lumber yard I learned so much. I tore down walls, replaced plumbing, put in new electrical fixtures, and refinished 100 year old hardwood floors. I didn’t hire a single contractor and it turned out great. I sold it for a little profit two years later, granted if you where to look at the hours that I put in then I likely only made pennies per hour. This house is not only an opportunity for me to have a place of my own again, but also to teach my children the value of hard work and perseverance. I am so excited to learn new things and to get my hands dirty again.